This weekend, we found out that we are pregnant with baby number three! By the time anyone reads this, I will be starting my second trimester. I plan to write a weekly recap of this pregnancy, my last pregnancy because this baby will be it for us. There will be no fourth child. Three has always been our number so I want to enjoy every minute and document what I can.
Earlier this year, Jason and I decided that we were finally ready to add a third baby to our family. It was something that we have discussed and contemplated for over two years. We have so much freedom right now with the boys that the thought of starting all over again sounded terrifying.
When we were deciding whether or not to go for it, we would go back and forth every other day. I just wanted someone to make the decision for us, and I was so desperate for any decision that I started searching blog posts on “reasons to have a third baby”. I kid you not, the internet helped us decide to have a third child. I found one blog post in particular that sealed the deal for us. I can’t find the blog post now for the life of me, but it essentially said; “Yes, the first five years are hard, but think past the first five years. Do you want a third adult child sitting around your Thanksgiving table?”The answer for us, was yes.
Fast forward to April 27th, and I was a week late, but I didn’t think much of it. I had a fairly normal week. Sure, I felt nauseous during my workouts, but it felt manageable. Sure, I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30pm two nights that week, but it was a busy week. Long story short, I’m pregnant and we are happy…..nervous but happy! I think it goes without saying that we feel so blessed that this decision was ours and that it happens so easily for us.
A few highlights from Week 5:
- Baby L is roughly the size of a sesame seed.
- I’m trying to find a way to cut back on coffee. I drink roughly 5-6 cups of black coffee every morning….this is going to be a challenge.
- My workouts were normal this week (aside from the waves of nauseous). I plan to continue boxing, lifting and burpee’ng until I physically cant anymore.
- I ran 5 miles two days after finding out I was pregnant and felt great.
- I can already see my lower stomach start to round and fear that maternity clothes will enter my life much sooner than the other two pregnancies. (Can you tell I am super focused on my physical capabilities and how this pregnancy will impact me? Yeah… I’m not thrilled about losing control over my body. I’ll talk about my fears in the week 6 recap….I’ve got a lot of them)
Finally, I know alot of women tell their spouse that they are pregnant in cute ways. Mine was not so cute, but it was effective: