The days go by sooo slow when you really want to tell people that you are pregnant, but you are trying to wait as long as possible. I want to tell the world right now, but am cautious of sharing the news until closer to 12 weeks. This pregnancy, I am over 30 and have had two healthy pregnancies thus far. I just don’t want to curse myself.
This last week has been so slow, but I was okay with a slow week this week because my first baby Chase turned seven on Wednesday. It does not feel like seven years since I first became a mom. My pregnancy with Chase was not ideal. I gained way too much weight (like waaayyyyy too much weight), was put on bed rest for several weeks and had the worst back labor and back pains. That pregnancy would have been far easier had I not been acting like I was eating for two full-grown adults. It was just a bad situation. Luckily, I learned my lesson with my second pregnancy and only gained the normal healthy amount of weight. Needless to say, my second pregnancy went much smoother.
This pregnancy, I am committed to staying fit and active the entire time. My goal is to burpee until my stomach gets in the way, to box until I can’t keep my balance, and to run until the pressure of my stomach makes me pee my pants…these are my goals during this third pregnancy.
Other than hunger, I still feel great which scares me. You never want to feel too good during the first trimester because you want to make sure baby is getting all the right stuff to grow and develop. What has hit me hard this week is exhaustion. I am ready for bed by 8:00pm each night which is hard for me because I am pretty much non-stop until bedtime.
A few highlights from Week 6:
- Baby L is the size of a sweet pea
- I neither crave anything nor have any food aversions……yet
- I am so so tired at the end of the day!
- Exercising actually makes me feel better and gives me more energy which is why my mid-day workouts are perfect! I have been able to maintain normal workouts this week.
- Chase turned seven!
- Cinco de Mayo was this weekend and while I am not a big drinker….I really wanted a delicious margarita.
- The family and I went for a 3 mile hike at Pere Marquette State Park. It was a perfect day for a hike, but was a fairly challenging uphill climb for little legs.
- It started to feel like summer and we had to turn the AC on to sleep comfortably at night. I am so happy it has finally warmed up!