Since I found out that I was pregnant, I have been counting the weeks until baby made it to week 9. Something seems safer at week 9. The next milestone is week 13 and the end of my first trimester…4 more weeks to go! We have started to tell some immediate family this week and have plans to tell the boys in the next few weeks. It is going to become pretty evident before long as my body has reached the state of expanded “softness”. Why does my appetite go from “really likes to eat” to “ravenous” when I am pregnant? Right now, I am at the dreaded place of just looking like I ate too much cake and put on a few pounds. To add insult to injury, this week included Memorial Day weekend which for us always means lake and pool so not only am I feeling super doughy but I got the opportunity to sport a swimming suit for three consecutive days….Yay, me! Oh well, I will gladly take the opportunity to indulge in some of the food that I never would have let myself eat before (can anyone say cheese!!)
The rest of week 9 was filled with big exciting end of the school year activities and finally the last day of school for Chase. The boys camped with their grandparents for a few days and then we collected them and brought them back for a few days by the pool. All while Jason put together their new bunk beds as the boys are now sharing rooms. We did this under the ploy that they loved the idea (which they really do), but really we needed the extra space for the baby and didn’t want to make them switch moves too close to when the baby comes. The bunk beds look great and we are 24 hours in with no injuries, success!
A few highlights from Week 9:
- Baby L is the size of an olive, but my uterus feels like the size of a cantaloupe.
- I am still going strong with my training, and thank the good lord for that because Baby L would love for me to eat all day long…it’s super frustrating.
- My headaches are gone, and I have nearly given up my daily coffee habit. I am down to about 3 cups of mixed caffeinated/decaffeinated coffee.
- Chase finished 1st grade and Shane finished 3-year-old preschool
- Jason has become the master builder completing two big projects the last few weeks (the shed and the bunk beds)
- We are starting to pull some things together for the baby’s room…you really forget all of the stuff that goes into the first year.
- Summer is unofficially here..and it sure feels like it! Yay, more swimsuit time…..