Week 10: Exciting developments this week 10 as the baby is no longer considered an embryo and has grown to a fetus! I started to feel better early in the week only to feel worse by the weekend. Just when I thought I was in the clear. This baby is sucking the energy right out of me every single day. I sure hope that means it’s putting that energy to good use growing limbs and organs and such.
Summer (although not technically here) is in full swing for us. Chase started camp and Shane started t-ball. We are back to spending weekend time poolside and because of my growing belly and insistence to continue wearing two piece swimming suits, we’ve started to tell some of our family. The boys still don’t know as we want to wait until the end of the first trimester to tell them (which is just about two weeks away!)
A few highlights from Week 10:
- Baby L is the size of a prune
- I am still keeping up with my normal workouts AND I am starting to eat normal again. I do not do well when I feel out of control.
- Baby L’s room continues to come together as Jason put together the dresser/changing table this weekend….somehow the boys are still not asking questions about the bedroom that looks like a baby’s room.
- Shane has started jumping off the diving board this weekend and is pretty proud of himself.
- Chase has perfected the dab to peace sign dive (?!?)…I literally have no idea what this is.
Week 11: I am finally starting to feel pretty normal despite my pregnant belly bump which is really starting to pop. It’s probably pretty obvious at this point that I am pregnant and I’m pretty sure my coworkers are starting to notice, but I haven’t acknowledged it yet.
Now that I am feeling pretty normal again, I can start to gain back some control over my food habits. It never got that bad, but I definitely felt like baby L was running the show for a while. This week overall was pretty low-key despite an annoying cold. I spent my weekend visiting college friends which was such a nice break filled with exercise, good food and great company. I really wish that I could see them more often…they make my soul feel good.
Next week is the exciting 12 week mark, and we plan to let the boys know. We also get to hear the baby’s heart beat for the first time this week. It’s been a very long and slow 12 weeks and I am ready to move on to the second trimester!
A few highlights from Week 11:
- Baby L is the size of a lime.
- I am still wearing my regular clothes, but just barely. As the day progresses my belly keeps growing until I am forced to unbutton my pants on the car ride home.
- I am still keeping up with my normal frequency and intensity of workouts.
- I had my first illness of this pregnancy…a cold and I forgot how annoying it is when you aren’t able to take any cold medication.
- I visited my best friends from college and the boys stayed back home and indulged in pizza and burgers (with real fries) for weekend dinners….#jealous